Sunday, January 25, 2009

Favorites for my Home

It's been a while since I did a list of my favorites. This post is dedicated to my favorite items for my home. From decorations to designers.

1. Anna Griffin - What beautiful designs. My wedding invitations, guest book and photo album were Anna Griffin and I still love all of her designs. If I ever see note cards or accessories of hers on sale, I have to buy them. Her colors and designs are elegant yet modern, some are fancy and some are casual. Very high quality, and pretty enough to display with a nice pen on my secretary in the guest bedroom. She now has fabric and other accessories in her collection too.

2. Keurig Coffee Machine - Though I don't have one of these yet, my dad and friend Sarah have one. I plan to buy one for my office when we move to our new space. It makes individual cups of coffee (of which you can choose the size) and cleans itself. No filters or coffee grounds to mess with (unless you make your own pods). It also makes hot chocolate, tea, and other warm beverages.

3. Clothes Drying Rack - I can't find a link for this, but I was able to find a picture. I found this on clearance at Pottery Barn a couple of years ago, and it has been one of my greatest finds. It hooks onto my laundry room wall and lays flat (object to the left) when it's not in use. When I need to air dry clothes or jeans, it folds up and out (object to the right). This is essential for my laundry duties because I can never tumble dry my jeans. They always shrink and become too short. With this rack I can air dry eight pairs of pants at the same time. I used to have wet jeans hanging all over the house, but this has solved that problem. Plus, the design is simple enough to blend in with my blue and white laundry room decor.


4. Sid Dickens Memory Tiles - I have a collection of these tiles arranged above the sofa in our formal living room. I started my collection in college when the antique store I worked at started selling them. I even have a few that are signed by the artist. The tiles are quite expensive, but raise in value after being discontinued. I love them and would have a few in every room if I could afford it.


5. Lampe Berger - Pronounced lamp burjay (with a soft j sound). A couple of Christmases ago my mother in law purchased one of these oil infusion lamps for me (the one pictured below). At first I thought it was just a regular home-fragrance accessory, but after reading the enclosed material, I found out that these decorative fragrance burners help clean the air. They used to use them in hospitals in France in the 1800s. I have one in the main part of our house and one in our basement. I especially like to use them after cooking a rich meal to eliminate the smell from the house. If I don't feel like using a fragrance in the house, I burn the neutral oil which has no scent. The lamps are sold at all different price points.

Photobucket

3 comments:

SandGs Mom said...

OMG I made the blog. You might look at the mini keurig, if your office is pretty small. The water canister is filled for each individual cup, rather than having the reservoir on the side. $80 at Kohl's.

Unknown said...

I LOVE Anna Griffin's stuff. And I am pretty sure that I'd love the Keurig if I liked coffee at all. We did have one at the office where I used to work. Seemed to be a big hit!

Free2BeMe350z said...

I also collect Sid Dickens. I am a newbie as I have only been collecting for 2 years. I have 41 in my collection right now and one on the way that I recently won in a contest. check out my blog dedicated to my addiction for Sids!
http://siddickensaddiction.blogspot.com/