Monday, January 19, 2009

CLEAN!

Oh my goodness, I have just died and gone to heaven. One of my Christmas gifts was money to use toward a professional house cleaning. I had $100 to spend for a one-time cleaning. There are certain things I hate to clean in my house, and this gift was perfect to get those things taken care of. I found a place called The Cleaning Authority online, and was instantly intrigued by their claim that they use only environmentally-friendly products. I made an appointment for a quote and listed off things to be cleaned until I reached the $100 mark. These things include cleaning:

All of my plantation shutters
The ceiling fans
The baseboards and edges
The ceiling
All of the inside windows
The bathtub and shower walls

The cleaning lady arrived at 8:30 on Saturday morning and finished at 12:00. When she was done I was in awe of the job she did. She cleaned my house as if it were her own, not as if it were her job. She got all the little crevices and hidden areas that usually only I notice. She even removed a stain from my sink that I have been unable to conquer. She cleaned way more than I requested including vacuuming all of the upholstery, dusting all the furniture, cleaning inside and underneath the microwave, removing water stains from my fridge water-dispenser, and mopping all of my floors.

At first I was worried that she was doing all of this extra work to rack-up the bill. But when she was done, she handed me the pre-printed invoice which came to exactly $100. She did such an excellent job, I think I'll ask for another cleaning certificate for my birthday in March and have her do the basement. If I could afford to have her come on a regular basis, I would in a heartbeat. This says a lot for the quality of job she did, because I am very picky about how my house is cleaned.

All of you local people, if you ever need a fantastic cleaning job, ask for Luz from The Cleaning Authority. She really knows what she's doing.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Jackie Blum said...

JEALOUS!

I just hired a cleaning service to clean my sister's house every other week for the next six months. It's our thank-you gift to them for taking care of Ava for 9 weeks while I was on bed rest and in the hospital. We thought it was a good way to help them like they helped us, especially since she is expecting a new baby in a few weeks. So glad you had a good experience! There's nothing like a clean home.

SandGs Mom said...

Wow, that is nice and a great deal if you ask me. I may have to ask for that for Mother's Day or Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

How wonderful! It's great that you found someone to do as good of a job as you would...that's hard to find! Great present, by the way.

speakdaddy said...

Holy cow all that for $100! I'm totally going to look into that when I begin my spring cleaning. I sound way worth the money!

Jenn said...

Sorry that was me, my husband's gmail account always is signed in.. grrr!

gayle said...

Awesome gift! I can't even imagine! :)

Sweet Yet Sassy said...

What a dream come true gift!! I love it!

Unknown said...

Sweet...Lilliana is a godsend at my house!

tabitha jane said...

do you tip the cleaning people? i never know if i should . . . esp in hotels.