Wednesday, February 11, 2009

This Little Piggy

BSC has always collected his spare change in a large orange cup I got from my sorority in college. We decided that we needed to start putting this change (which usually amounts to about $85 when the cup is full) into Nate's college fund. And what better way to collect the change than a cute bank for our boy? We have been meaning to get The Boy a piggy bank ... oh since he was born. It was just one of those tasks that wasn't high on the priority list, so it's been delayed for a couple of years.

A few weeks ago we finally found one that we both like. The color scheme matches his room and has been personalized with his name. As soon as we brought it home and Nathan saw it, he lit up and exclaimed "PIGGY BANK!" Really, I had no idea he even knew what it was. So we took the large orange cup full of change and let Nathan dump it out so he could fill the piggy bank.



**I have to note here that I scrubbed his hands after letting him play with all that dirty, germy money.




Photobucket

4 comments:

gayle said...

That is so cute, I love it!

And I'm glad you scrubbed his hands.

If you watch Scrubs, you might remember that JD has a phobia of pennies, which is really funny to me, because SO DO I. I hate all change, but pennies . . . ..::shudder::..

:)

**My word verification was "sally" -- the first time I've ever gotten a real word!**

Jackie Blum said...

Isn't it amazing how much money gets accumulated just by saving leftover change? We did the same thing with Ava's piggy bank a few weeks ago - we counted up all of the money we saved for her during her first two years. It was quite a bit, and now it's invested in a secure place. Love his piggy bank! My sister designs them as part of her business. Ian has one, too!

SandGs Mom said...

that is so sweet. It was one of Sean's favorite things to do when he was that age, we just kept letting him dump out the same change and refill the piggy bank. Usually a straight 10 - 15 minute long activity. (maybe he can first save for his preschool & elementary tuition,since Im insisting on him going private). :)

Jacquie said...

That is a cute piggy bank! We do the same thing with Jason's extra change, we should start giving it to Lynlee, good idea!