Sunday, December 07, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree


I haven't been in much of the Christmas mood lately. Mostly because the weather in Utah has been unusually warm and we haven't had any snow yet, which is very unusual for us. I haven't been inspired to put up any of our decorations yet but I finally forced myself to put up our Christmas tree last night. I put on Christmas music, and spent the evening trimming the tree and hanging the garland. That did just the trick. I always forget how much I love my tree and decorations. Here are a few of my favorite features on our tree:

1. Tree Elves: I have five of these "mini-Santas" hiding in my tree. I have a white one (pictured), animal print, burgundy, and gold. They are the guardians of the tree.

2. Candle Lights: I like how these give my tree a bit of a Victorian feel. I only bought two strands, and should have bought more for my garland. I haven't been able to find any of these types of lights since I purchased them.


3. Christopher Radko: My mom gives my sister and I a Christopher Radko ornament every year. I love them. They are so detailed and pretty. They give my tree just the right amount of sparkle.


4. Tree Picks: I lay a few of these picks along some of the branches and it makes it look as if the tree is sprouting roses, berries and pears.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Jackie Blum said...

Simply stunning... as always. I love your tree. I am hoping to convince Stefan to get our tree up sometime this week. It will give me something to look at other than the TV. Merry Christmas!

Brandi Colby said...

Beautiful!! I haven't been in the Christmas spirit either. We didn't decorate at ALL this year. I actually teared up about it too.

gayle said...

GORGEOUS tree, Loo! Like we would expect anything else, you have impeccable taste and such an eye for decor!!!