Sunday, December 14, 2008

Chugga Chugga

I already posted my birthday letter to Nathan, but have yet to post his party pictures. Nathan is enthralled by trains. He loves to play with them, watch them on TV, points them out any time we're driving, and loves all of his train books. Barnes and Noble has one of the wooden Thomas the Tank Engine sets displayed in the children's section of the store. Nathan loved to go play with it and would be entertained for hours (if I let him). So obviously his party was train themed with his presents being a few of the wooden train sets. We set up the trains while he was taking his afternoon nap so he could see them when he woke up. I should have had the camera ready, because his expression was awesome. The party was a lot of fun, and all the kids went home with a train conductor hat.

He ran up to them and said "look at those!"

His beautiful train cake with TONS of frosting:

Blowing out the candles with the help of his cousin, Caden:

Mmmmm, cake.

What is everyone looking at?

Oh.

Learning how to open the presents:

Cute little Ella in her conductor hat:



Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that cake...too cute! Sounds like a very fun party.

Sweet Yet Sassy said...

Love the cake! I can't believe he is already two. I remember when you were counting down to have him!

Brandi Colby said...

Looks like they all had a good time!! I can't believe he's already two.