Sunday, November 16, 2008

Before Justin there was Joey

Last night I attended a concert 20 years in the making. New Kids on the Block came to Tulsa when I was seven years old, and being as young as I was, I wasn't allowed to go. I was sad.

Oh but last night I was transformed into the screaming adolescent of 20 years ago when I got to see Jordan, Jonathan, Joey, Donny and Danny live on stage. It was totally rad.

They sang all of their old hits, plus some new ones. Our seats were awesome, and I swear Joey was looking at me the whole time. I mean, why wouldn't he? It was probably my awesome bangs and teal eyeshadow that hypnotized him. Or my shirt that said "On fire for Joey McIntyre."

Here are some pics to make you just a tad jealous:


Can you believe those shirts are home-made? Yes, that's how awesome they are.


And please don't be jealous of our bangs and multi-colored makeup. We're just that cool.

Just another photo shoot with some awesome poses.


And really, you can never have too much blue eyeshadow.

Nathan really wanted in on the fun. He kept trying to put my boots on.

Yes, they've got The Right Stuff, baby!

Get those girls off the stage!


Yay, no shirt!

Sad, I didn't get a decent picture of my Joey.

"I'll Be Lovin' You Forever!



"Hangin' Tough"



My friend Melissa was also at that concert. And look, she's got an awesome shirt too!












Photobucket

11 comments:

qDot said...

For the record, Joey was staring at me! Because my shirt announced that I'd be loving him forever!

Last night was fun! I can't wait to highlight it Monday morning!

Alisha Stewart said...

I'm speechless. Really.

Emily Cade said...

AWWWWWWWSOME!!! When I was younger NKOTB was my world!!! I had NKOTB EVERYTHING. Including posters I made myself out of loose leaf paper and highlighters!!! I can't believe you got to Hang Tough and be a Cover Girl for my favorite five! (actually, Joey was my fave). So cool!!!!!!!!

Shea said...

I AM so jealous!!!!!

breanna said...

i'm so excited for you girls! but let's clarify ONE thing...he's MY joey, on loan to the rest of the world.

Unknown said...

Wow...kickin it old school took on new meaning. Way to go, the boy definitely needs to relocate to uncle mogie's house...just look at how unimpressed he is with his mother and aunt in the 5th picture. :-)

Allison Connor said...

How awesome! It looks like you had an awesome time! It is always so great to look back and "live" in those days! Love the shirts they are awesome!

Sweet Yet Sassy said...

Haven't stopped laughing. The fact that you even dressed the way you did....wow! I admire you. I would never have had so much creativity.

You may keep Joey. I was in love with Jordan. ;)

I was in 6th grade and my mom was anti-NKOTB so I didn't get to go either. :(

Candice said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordan was like so bodaciously radical and tubular. OMG - I like totally wanted to like marry him! Aaaaahhhh - to be 9 again.....

tabitha and jon said...

you REALLY dressed like that?!?! you are AWESOME!!!

i watched some of this show live on vh1 a few months ago when they were in boston . . . i secretly loved it but outwardly mocked it.

Just Me said...

It was such a fun concert! I love every minute of it!