Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Wedding Trip

So sorry for my absence in the blogging world over the last few weeks. I do realize that I owe lots of comments on lots of blogs. Patience my friends, they will come.

BSC and I have been traveling and recently returned from a trip to visit his family in the big OK. Yes, Bueno was consumed. Yes, Mazzios was consumed. And yes, Braums was consumed. It's my theory that anything ingested on vacation doesn't count toward your total caloric intake.

Vacations back home aren't as relaxing as I wish they were, but they're always much more fun than I expect. From the stressful and early flights, to visiting all of our friends and family, eating everything we can't get in Salt Lake and Nathan not napping, we always come home totally exhausted.

This trip back home was made specifically for a wedding. I mentioned back in my life's to-do list that I wanted to witness my best friend get married. Morgan and I met all the way back in 5th grade. He was my best friend's lab partner; the skinny, red-headed, freckle-faced boy with huge plastic-rimmed glasses. He was everyone's friend. I was the quiet dork. Starting in high school we became really good friends. After sophomore year he moved to a city 90 miles away, but still managed to make it out to my house almost every weekend. I think my mom eventually gave him a key to the house because he got locked out one night after I fell asleep before he arrived. We stayed great friends through college and when I got married I was honored to have him stand by me as a bridesman. He's the brother I never had.


I never thought I'd see the day he'd make the commitment to marriage, or find a girl who would put up with him. Amelia is amazing, I just love her. I am so glad they found each other and are happy together. I had the honor of being a groomswoman/bridesmaid in their wedding. I played both roles, but stood as the only girl on Morgan's side. I didn't think I would be as emotional as I was during the ceremony, but when Amelia said her vows to Morgan I couldn't control the tears welling up in my eyes. It was so beautiful.

I don't have any pictures because I was too busy to take any (I was running back and forth from bridesmaids to groomsmen for two days, don't give me crap!) I will post pics later when I steal some from some of the other wedding party.

(The whole wedding party at the rehearsal dinner)

So congratulations to Morgan and Amelia. I love you both so much!

(She's going to kill me for posting this pic, but it was the only one on my camera)

Photobucket

4 comments:

SandGs Mom said...

mmmmm, bueno.

Nici said...

yeah, i don't think amelia will like that picture.

Colabella said...

ahem... Melting Pot, consumed.

Colabella said...

Sure thing. I will be there on Wednesday and probably leaving on Saturday. I would love to see you guys at some point. We'll talk soon.